Tuesday, January 15, 2013

365 Days- Day 14

Movie: Vampires
Starring: Pierre Lognay, Julien Dore
Genre: Comedy,
Year: 2010
Format: online

Plot: A film crew follows a family of vampires in Belgium, and documents how they get themselves tossed out of the community.

This was a different sort of film.  I've seen a ton of vampire movies over the decades (hence this whole project) and many mockumentaries too.  This was by far one of the better mocs out there.

It is subtitled, so if you're not a fan of reading a movie, you might want to find something else
There were elements of this movie that sort of made me cringe because they were too much like elements I've seen from role playing games.

Two of the sub-plots have to do with a female vampire wanting to be human again, and a vampire playboy who is living like he's a teenager even though he's nearly 70 years old.

What do I think I learned from this film?
No one is ever truly happy with how they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment