Wednesday, June 5, 2013

365 Days- Day 63

movie: The Lost Boys 2 Tribe
starring: Corey Feldman, Tad Hilgenbrink
genre: Comedy,Thriller
year: 2008
format: DVD

plot: The Emerson kids find themselves in a small surfing town after the death of their parents. Unfortunately for them, the town is also the hot spot for a group of vampires, lead by two of Chris' old surfing rivals. It doesn't take long before the head vampire decides to seduce Chris's sister, in hopes of building his family.

I've gone back and forth over the years on this film. It has it's moments, most of which are when Feldman is on screen. But it's got a lot of dragging in it too.
The original Lost Boys, was a movie that affected my life on so many levels, so when I first heard about this sequel I was beyond thrilled.  The first time I saw it, I was so disappointed that I nearly turned the tv off.  I think I've watched this sequel maybe five times in the last six years. And each time, something different either delights me or makes me want to break the tv.
There are so many elements from the original that are rebooted in this film, and I think that is actually one of the weaknesses. Had they taken one strong element from the original and spent all their energy on doing it properly, instead of trying to remake everything plus the kitchen sink, it would have been a better offering.

what do i think i learned from this film?
The original points that made the first movie so good, were about family and fitting in, but this one doesn't really seem to have a solid point to it. It tries to be about family but in the end it falls way short. 
I don't think I learned much from this on this showing. Who knows, maybe next time I'll get something more out of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment